So far we have established two options: Either the Original, unseen, document is fraudulent, or the allegedly accurate translation is nothing of the sort and is functionally meaningless. Or both. OCT 01-4 would have been in both English and maybe Spanish. Neither version is available for study and verification. If they ever actually existed. The preamble, for instance, contains references to things that did not exist until half a century to a century after the date on which the document was signed.
A less patient person might have already thrown the document at the wall after the anachronisms and impossibilities of the preamble alone. But let us take the time to study the main body of the text: the areas of the Philippine archipelago claimed by the Tallanos. As we shall see there is one part of the archipelago to which, by omission, the document does not lay claim. It is a strange omission, but one entirely explicable.
There is a number of problematic names here. It mentions Ilocos Sur but not Ilocos Norte. Ilocos Sur did not exist until 1812 when the Ilocos region was split into two. Note that Ilocos Norte is the Marcos family’s home turf, which the Tallanos have excluded from the claim of ownership.
La Union did not exist as an entity until 1854 when it was created by Queen Isabella of Spain by royal Decree.
And there is the reiteration of the term hectare at a time when no country, anywhere in the world, including Spain and the UK, used the term.
One more example adds to the list of errors pointing to the fraudulence of the document.
At the time of the alleged date of the document, the term Palawan was not in use, it was called Paragua by the Spanish. It only became Palawan with the Philippine Commission Act No. 1363 of 1903. There was also no Ambos Camarines prior to the 19th century. There was a single province of Camarines; then in the 19th century, it was split into Camarines Norte and Camarines Sur. Later the two were recombined into Ambos [Both] Camarines. Sorsogon, though it existed as a town and a partido (district) was not a separate province until late in the 19th century.
The Spratleys got their name from Captain Richard Sprately on 29 March 1843. His report goes thusly”
“at 9 h. A.M. a low sandy island was discovered from the masthead, bearing S.E.bE. four leagues. On nearing the beach was visible to the water’s edge, the top appearing to be covered with small bushes, and about the height of a Ship’s hull, with a black patch dividing the sandy beach in nearly two equal parts to the water’s edge… One [of these two dangers ] I call Ladd Reef, after Captain Ladd of the Ship Austen, who appears first to have seen it; the other Spratly’s Sandy Island.”
It is simply not possible for a genuine document of 1764 to contain any reference to Sprately by that name.
Adding these anachronisms to the inaccuracies and anachronisms of the preamble shows that the document could not, at the earliest, have existed before the 1900s.
That assessment is unlikely to be improved by the rest of the document but let us look at it for the sake of completeness.